Friday, July 9, 2021

Weird Tales Project: 1932

Our time here on this Earth is brief, my friend.  So maybe you should think about doing something worthwhile during your short stay on this big blue marble.  Take me, for example.  I have dedicated my precious time to trying to read at least one story from each issue of Weird Tales published in the 1930s, and then bending my grey matter to figuring out whether and why one story about a scientist or wizard from Atlantis, or a tough guy fighting an ape or a witch doctor, or an archaeologist getting eaten is better than another one.  A fulfilling life is one with a purpose, my friend, that is my advice to you.  

My manifest destiny continues to unfold--I have now read and blogged about at least one story in each issue of Weird Tales dated 1932!  Below find the list of these stories complete with links to my blog posts about them. 

(If I go for extra credit and blog about any further stories printed in a 1932 issue of Weird Tales I will add them to this list with a parenthetical note.)

Below I'll put links to the blogposts with lists for the other nine years covered in this ambitious literary project of mine--gotta catch 'em all! 

1930  1931  ----  1933  1934  1935  1936  1937  1938  1939  


January 

Clark Ashton Smith:        "The Monster of the Prophecy"





February

Robert E. Howard:        "The Thing on the Roof"
Donald Wandrei:            "The Tree-Men of M'Bwa"








March
 

Clark Ashton Smith:    "The Planet of the Dead"









April

Edmond Hamilton:         "The Earth-Brain"
Clark Ashton Smith:       "The Gorgon"  








May  

Clark Ashton Smith:      "The Vaults of Yoh-Vombis"
Robert E. Howard:         "The Horror from the Mound"
August Derleth:              "The Bishop Sees Through"
David Keller:                  "The Last Magician" 
Edmond Hamilton:         "The Terror Planet"
Hugh B. Cave:                "The Brotherhood of Blood"




June

Clark Ashton Smith:        "The Weird of Avoosl Wuthoqquon"









July

Hugh B. Cave:        "The City of Crawling Death"









August

Clark Ashton Smith:        "The Maker of Gargoyles"









September

Clark Ashton Smith:    "The Empire of the Necromancers"









October

Clark Ashton Smith:    "The Testament of Athammaus"









November

Clark Ashton Smith:    "The Supernumerary Corpse"









December

Donald Wandrei:    "The Lives of Alfred Kramer"





  


No comments:

Post a Comment