Wednesday, September 2, 2026

September Antique Store Sightings

I spend a lot of time at antique stores, flea markets, junk stores, and the like because I am incredibly cheap and I hate everything new.  I used to tweet about interesting things I saw on my trips to such establishments, but now that hackers have destroyed my twitter account I thought I'd post here some stuff I spotted on my antiques browses but didn't buy that maybe would be of interest to readers of the blog.  Click the images for larger versions. 

Here we have Star Trek Fotonovel #6, which I guess is like my Ninotchka book, though I'd rather look at hundreds of photos of Garbo's mug than DeForest Kelley's, and the second edition of the Star Trek role-playing game.  The #2 Star Trek Fotonovel is on internet archive, if you want an idea of what these are like.  All you Sally Kellerman fans should click the link--her hair looks great. 


As a kid I watched TV constantly, and I loved Battle of the Planets, and I still love the original Flintstones seasons.  Flintstones merch is fun because every manufacturer seems to have had a different theory as to what Fred looked like.


Here's an 8-track tape decorated with (imitation?) covers of underground comix.


We'll finish up with this disturbingly vandalized Peanuts collection which suggests Charlie Brown and the gang have formulated deeply-held opinions about the fate of the Sudetenland, and a folk art scorpion. 


No comments:

Post a Comment