*********
For two bucks I got this Berni Wrightson anthology from 1983, featuring a story about a woman being turned into a cat and an ad for books by Jeff Jones, Chris Foss, J. G. Ballard, Roger Dean, H. Rider Haggard, and other luminaries. You can read about this comic and learn where the stories included therein first appeared at this link to the Grand Comics Database.
**********
I got The Mighty Barbarains for its Steranko cover for only a dollar, and Stanley G. Weinbaum's The New Adam for its Jeff Jones cover; I can't recall for how much, maybe 5 or 6 bucks. I might read The New Adam some day; as for the sword and sorcery anthology, I've already blogged about three of the included stories, Robert E. Howard's "A Witch Shall Be Born," Henry Kuttner's "Dragon Moon," and Fritz Leiber's "When the Sea King's Away."
**********
Raise your hand--or beak--if you participated in McDonald's Hello Kitty/Godzilla crossover event.
I got this reproduction Greek vase for five bucks at a junk shop that mostly had old tools for sale.
**********
Finally, we have this severely distressed copy of the Fall 1949 issue of Jungle Stories, edited by Jerome "It's A Good Life" Bixby, for which I parted with three bucks. It is full of illustrations that remind you how safe and cozy big city life is and hey, maybe I'll read some novelets of Congo terror and dark dramas of jungle menace some day.






No comments:
Post a Comment